Reporting to: Finance Director
Location: Sharpness Office
Hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday
Job Description: Credit Control
Business to business credit control for approx. 70 customers across 85 – 100 construction sites which will include:
- Credit checking and setting up new customers on the accounts system.
- Chasing debt by telephone and email.
- Liaising with customers regarding outstanding invoice queries and resolving queries in conjunction with the Sales and Operations Departments.
- Raising and issuing credit notes when needed.
- Assisting with in cash flow forecasting by accurately recording ‘promised payments’.
- Ensuring follow up calls, emails and letters are tracked on the accounting system.
- Liaising with the Finance Director regarding problem accounts.
- Preparing weekly reports for the Directors.
- Preparing monthly reports for the Credit Insurers.
- Checking purchase invoices against purchase order.
- Inputting purchase invoices into accounts package, currently QuickBooks.
- Resolving queries with colleagues and suppliers.
Profile: The successful candidate will require the following skills:
- Previous credit control experience.
- Competent IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with accounting software is desirable.
- Problem solving skills – must have the ability to retrieve, analyse and compile information and data.
- Excellent customer service and account handling ability.
- Able to confidently discuss overdue payments.
- Good attention to detail and administrative skills.
Salary: Negotiable – according to experience
- 20 days (pro rata) plus statutory Bank Holidays per year.
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free parking