Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: Field Based – South East
Hours of Work: 7.30am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday plus overtime
On Target Earnings: Dependant on skills and experience
- Electrical fault-finding and resolving tower crane breakdowns.
- To work as part of a team to ensure tower cranes are safely erected, tested, operated, maintained and dismantled on customers’ sites.
- To attend customers’ sites to evaluate and analyse the nature of reported problems. Determine the optimal way of resolving the problem to minimise crane downtime. Undertake the necessary repairs, ensure the crane is working correctly then complete and submit the electronic documentation to the Operations Department.
- Travelling to customers’ sites and assisting with the erection or dismantle of tower cranes.
- 18th Edition electrical qualifications.
- Experience with 3 phase electrical supply.
- Familiarity with electrical maintenance.
- Experience of mechanical maintenance desirable but not essential.
- CSCS / CPCS card holder.
- Tower crane experience preferred but hands on experience with mobile cranes, lifting equipment or other construction plant if willing to train.
- A reasonable level of fitness plus experience working at height.
- Full UK driving licence.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- An awareness of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Company van
- Mobile phone
- Workplace pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- On-going work related training
Please forward your CV plus covering letter detailing why you consider you are the right person to: Tracey Pockett, Bennetts Cranes Limited, Burma Road, Sharpness, Gloucestershire GL13 9UQ or email us.